Blog

Detoxify Your Home

Posted by EnlightenedIndigoChild on February 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

A question came up recently on our other blog (http://thebrandwellnesscenter.webs.com/apps/blog/) about detoxifying our homes. I thought it best to answer it here since us Indigos are highly sensitive to our environment.

Sick building syndrome is not just for people who work in poorly ventilated office buildings. According to the World Health Organization, up to 30% of new and remodeled buildings worldwide may be linked to this syndrome. But it is also present in older buildings as well.

 

It usually comes down to flaws in heating, ventilation or air conditioning. Other contributing factors include the outgassing of volatile organic compounds (VOC) like formaldehyde and plastics from new construction materials (new carpeting is really bad), or mold or inordinate amounts of dust, dirt and animal hairs.

 

Since moving from your home may be impossible, here is a check list of what you can do to lessen the toxicity in your home:

 

·    Keep your house as clean as possible. Dust and vacuum daily. Change the bed linens at least twice a week. Remove all carpeting. Not only does carpeting outgas, it also collects tons of dirt in the microfibers that you are breathing in constantly. Adverse health effects suffered by carpet installers are a clear-cut way to see the hazards of this product. Most documented are neurological problems and higher rates of cancer. If you must have carpet, make sure that it is as natural as possible. 

·    Use natural cleaners. Replace chemical cleaners with essential oils, baking soda and vinegar. Tea tree oil is especially effective at removing mold and mildew. Baking soda acts as an abrasive to remove stains and residue from glass, ceramic and stainless steel. You can add a few drops of water to make a paste to clean the stove, sink, tub or toilet. White vinegar is excellent as a window and mirror cleaner. Add your favorite essential oil if you want a pleasant smell.

 

As a side note to this, you should avoid all artificially  fragranced products: air fresheners, household cleaners, detergents. Unscented may very well be a highly processed product. It takes a lot of chemicals to mask a smell, so fragrance-free anything may be full of toxic chemicals.  Fluffer sheets used in the dryer can be more toxic than your detergent. Use the silicone dryer balls instead. Plus it is much more cost effective, as they have an infinite reusable lifespan.                                                              

 

·        Remove plastic from your eating arsenal. If you have any plastic dishes or cups, throw them out. Bis phenyl A (BPA) is a known xenoestrogen and will affect the hormone balance of your body. Besides its known carcinogenic effect, it will also create imbalance within your endocrine system and ultimately affect mental and physical development. (See other blog De-Plasticizing You! http://thebrandwellnesscenter.webs.com/apps/blog/show/10414430-de-plasticizing-you-)

Leaking of bis phenyl A into your water from plastic bottles has already been documented. And the longer the water has been in the bottle, the more BPA you will be ingesting.

 

·        Do not use the microwave.  Microwave ovens are radiation ovens. When you say it like that, the reality of this machine is clear.  The microwave radiation distorts the molecular structure of the foods; it destroys much of the nutrients and causes many problems with the immune system. If you value your health, take the extra couple of minutes to heat the food up the right way.

 

·        Limit cell phone and cordless phone use. These phones expose us to a form of electromagnetic radiation (EMF) energy. An analysis of the most rigorous studies found convincing evidence linking the use of handheld phones to brain tumors, especially in users of a decade or longer. In addition to this, we know personally of people who feel physically ill when using the cell phone. It affects brainwaves. Period. Use it sparingly and stick to the land line (NOT cordless) as much as possible. Buy an EMF protector and install it on your cell phone.

 

·        Limit computer use. Besides the obvious eye and wrist strain, there is a generating of EMFs. (Invisible Toxins    http/thebrandwellnesscenter.webs.com/apps/blog/show/5696653-invisible-toxins).

 

·        Nobody would sit at a desk under high voltage power lines. Yet we will happily sit a foot away from a computer screen, with a computer and printer on the desk next to us, and perhaps even a power supply near our feet. The old box-shaped cathode-ray tube (CRT) computer monitors generally have quite high levels of radiation. Best to invest in a flat screen monitor. And of course EMF protectors are essential.

 

·        Limit television watching or better yet, remove it completely from the home. (See The Joy of No TV http/enlightenedindigochild.webs.com/apps/blog/show/5823451-the-joy-of-no-tv.) Research shows that your brain literally shifts into a passive state when you’re watching television. Experiencing "brain fog” is not uncommon. Your alpha brain waves increase after television exposure. Alpha waves are commonly associated with a relaxed meditative state as well as brain states associated with suggestibility. Too much time spent in the low alpha wave state caused by TV can cause unfocussed daydreaming and inability to concentrate.

 

·        Remove electronics from the bedroom, especially TV, computers and  radio alarm clocks. Again they release a continual dose of EMFs. Iif they must be present, then they should be as far away from your head as possible when sleeping and as close to the floor as possible.

 

·        Remove your shoes before coming into your home. Tracking in dirt and germs from outside into the home should be avoided.

 

·        Discard all aluminum or Teflon based cookware. Aluminum will leach into your food. It is a known neurotoxin, causing brain degeneration. Teflon or stick free cookware will eventually chip and enter your food. Better to use high quality stainless steel, cast iron or titanium.

 

·        Do not use aluminum or plastic wrap on foods. And definitely do not microwave anything in or covered with plastic. (Our personal story on plastic toxicity: BPA: A Real Life Case Study   http/thebrandwellnesscenter.webs.com/apps/blog/show/9927863-bpa-a-real-life-case-study-celeste-s-story)

 

·        Invest in an air purifier and negative ionizer to eliminate air borne toxins – mold spores, dust, cigarette smoke, pet hair, hydrocarbon toxins and remnants of chemtrails from outside that we may be carrying into our homes.

 

·        Invest in a water purifier. City water is loaded with chemicals to make it potable. We have a double carbon and alumina filter installed under our sink. You may need a plumber to install it, but it isdefinitely worth the expense. Not only does the water taste cleaner, but you are actually getting quality water that will help your body detoxify properly, instead of poisoning it even more. Other options include fresh spring or well water, reverse osmosis or a water distiller.

 

·        Remove fluoride from your intake.  This includes toothpastes, mouthwashes, fluoride rinses and municipal drinking water. It is an endocrine disruptor and totally inactivates your pineal gland. The pineal gland is so important in developing Third Eye intuitive abilities as well as regulating melatonin production (important for proper sleep).

 

By integrating just one of these techniques into your home and maintaining it, your life will change for the better dramatically. The ability to think clearly and sleep better should be obvious within a few weeks, if not sooner. Prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. Get started today. Your home is your sanctuary. It is up to you to maintain it.

 

 


Categories: Detox, Space Clearing, Heavy Metal Toxicity

Post a Comment

Oops!

Oops, you forgot something.

Oops!

The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

You must be a member to comment on this page. Sign In or Register

3 Comments

Reply Bharat999
3:00 PM on February 18, 2012 
Thank you for this great post!
Reply SarahJ642
3:41 PM on April 10, 2012 
This is a lot of great information. I get overwhelmed by it all! Everything is toxic, our food, our cleaning/health products, medicines and so on. I am however taking baby steps getting rid of one item at a time! Thanks!
Reply sade thomas
11:46 AM on June 25, 2012 
This a very informative blog! thank you for the great info!